Register to Vote
- You must register or change your address at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- Once you are registered to vote, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card which lists your voting location and representative districts.
- Check your registration and voting information anytime online.
Register to Vote
Use the 'My Voter Page'(MVP) to:
Qualifications to Register
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 1/2 years to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Where/How to Register
Visit us in person at our office:
Cherokee County Elections & Voter Registration
2782 Marietta Highway, Suite 100
Canton, GA 30114
770-479-0407, and we will mail you an application
|Register to vote when you get your driver's license|
|Register at any Cherokee County Library|
When to Register
- If you are not sure you are registered, please check first on the Secretary of State's website.
- The last day to register for any election is 30 days prior to that election.
- Any mail-in applications must be postmarked by 30 days prior to that election.
These are the voter registration deadlines if an election takes place.
|Election||Registration Deadline||Election Date|
|General Runoff (Federal)*||December 7, 2020||
January 5, 2021
|Special Election*||February 16, 2021||
March 16, 2021
|Special Election Runoff*||February 16, 2021||
April 13, 2021
|Special Election (vacancy only)*||May 17, 2021||
June 15, 2021
Special Election (vacancy only) Runoff*
|May 17, 2021||
July 13, 2021
|Special Election (vacancy only)*||August 23, 2021||
September 21, 2021
|Special Election (vacancy only) Runoff*||August 23, 2021||
October 19, 2021
|Municipal General/Special Election||October 4, 2021||
November 2, 2021
|Municipal General/Special Election Runoff*||October 4, 2021||
November 30, 2021
|* Election held if needed|