Change Your Voter Registration Address or Name
- Change your address or name at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- Change your address or name online at the Secretary of State's website.
- You must register to vote at your current address - your representatives are based on the location of your residential address.
- No P.O. Boxes
- No business addresses
- P.O Boxes or Business addresses may only be used as a mailing address.
- Once you notify us of a Change of Address, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card which lists your voting location, and representative districts.
- If you have moved at all, do not assume you are still registered. You must notify us of your new address.
Check Your Registration Status
Use the My Voter Page (MVP) Log In to check your:
When to Change Your Address or Name
- As soon as you move or receive an offical name change document
- At least 30 days before an election
- Mail-in forms must be postmarked 30 days before the election
How to change Your Address or Name
With a Georgia Driver's License or State ID:
|Register at any Cherokee County Library|
Visit us in person at our office:
Cherokee County Elections & Voter Registration
2782 Marietta Highway, Suite 100
Canton, GA 30114
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.